A merchant account offers a plethora of benefits to all types of businesses, large or small. Whether your business is online, brick-and-mortar or a combination of the two, accepting debit and credit cards will help you earn more money and expand your business.
• Customers are much more likely to make impulse purchases when given the option of paying by credit or debit.
• Card usage also translates to higher-dollar sales, since customers feel the pain more when paying by cash.
• Due to the popularity of debit and credit cards, many people are less likely to carry cash.
Merchant account vendors make accepting credit cards easy. They offer a wide variety of services to help you grow your business without spending a lot of money. Many merchant account fees are percentage-based, so you don’t pay unless you make sales.
Merchant Account Benefits
• A merchant account allows funds to be deposited directly into your bank account so you make fewer bank deposits.
• Your business may be able to offer gift cards and loyalty programs using a merchant account.
• Fraud protection is available through some merchant account vendors.
• A merchant account can help you track sales and stay organized with accounting and trending tools.
• Some card processing companies offer discounts on merchant accounts to members of certain small business associations.
Merchant accounts can be tailored to your business needs and budget. Whether you need a credit card terminal, handheld wireless device, online account, real-time or offline payment processing, a merchant account vendor can customize a plan for you.
Offering credit and debit card payments can increase sales from offline and online vendors of all types. It’s also a must for any type of e-commerce. In addition to boosting sales, credit card payments mean less cash on hand, so your business is less vulnerable to theft and other types of loss. Unlike check payments, you won’t have to wait for your money to clear, or risk non-payment due to insufficient funds.
A merchant account offers the tools to give your company a more professional, modern image. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to upgrade your business, merchant account vendors offer a variety of easy, cost-effective solutions.
Visa and Mastercard payments can’t be set up directly, since they’re offered through banks. A merchant account provides easy access to these two popular payment methods, in addition to other credit card options. And although various factors affect merchant account acceptance, you should be on your way to higher sales a couple of days after applying.